Resolution: call for choreographers
Posted on August 22, 2016
Applications are open for Resolution 2017, The Place’s annual festival of short dance and performance works for emerging artists.
This will be the 28th edition of Resolution, which has been a starting point for choreographers including Wayne McGregor, Kate Prince, Luca Silvestrini and Drew McOnie. Selected shows will be performed at The Place, London in January or February 2017.
Resolution is open to all UK-based choreographers, with the following criteria:
- The work must feature live dance performance
- The choreographer must be a professional artist and not in full-time education (unless they are a postgraduate student)
- The choreographer must be a full-time resident in the UK between the application deadline and the performance date. Those resident in Europe should apply to the festival’s Aerowaves strand.
- Every company member must be able to provide proof, where appropriate, of their eligibility to work in the UK
- If selected, the work applied with should be the same as the work that is performed
- The company will not present the work within 20 miles of the theatre for a period of three months on either side of Resolution 2017
- The work is between 15 and 25 minutes long
- The work has simple technical requirements
- Every company member is over 18 years of age
- The work was not made while the choreographer was an undergraduate student
For more information, including how to apply, visit http://www.theplace.org.uk/resolution-2017
Applications close on Wednesday, August 31 at 5pm
Picture: Dancers Letitia Wilkinson and Jordan Ajadi
Photograph: Chris Nash