Posted on October 18, 2013
Dancing Times Ltd is looking for a bright part-time intern with excellent communication skills to assist with media sales. The company, which produces two of the UK’s leading specialist monthly dance magazines, Dancing Times and Dance Today, is based at our office in Clerkenwell Green, London. Reporting to the Advertising Manager, as well as the Editors, the successful candidate will assist with the expansion of our advertising client base for the print issues of both magazines, as well as on our websites. This internship would suit a recent graduate wishing to gain experience in publishing or sales. Although this is an unpaid position, we are happy to reimburse travel and lunch expenses. An interest in dance would also be an advantage.
1. Research potential new advertisers via the internet, social media and/or print media following guidance from the Advertising Manager
2. Contact potential new advertisers by telephone and/or email, and advise them of our products
3. Pursue potential leads
4. Target specific new areas of development with mailshots (ie collating media packs to be sent out with covering letters)
5. Liaise with the Editors about future magazine content that may lead to potential advertising
6. Maintain ongoing client records for the company’s own reference
7. Assist with the proofreading of print advertisements
This is an open-ended position, ideally starting as soon as possible, although it will initially be based on a one-week trial period.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to jobs@dancing-times
Closing date: November 18, 2013